Today Carol has kindly shared some more tips with us! This time it’s 10 ways to stay healthy!! I know I am eagerly reading on!
10 Ways to Stay Healthy
This is not your usual health advice but 10 ways to get those endorphins working their magic because apart for giving your stomach muscles a workout, laughter decreases stress hormones, increases immune cells, triggers the release of feel-good endorphins, protects the heart, improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow and… keeps you positive.
So what can you do to make yourself laugh?
- Watch either funny video clips on YouTube – I like David Armand’s interpretation dance – hilarious – or, download a comedy TV show.
- Enjoy a night out a comedy club. Better still, have a go yourself at telling a few jokes to your friends and family. Researching them will make you laugh.
- Read some of the hilarious funnies online – Texts from Dog are good for a chuckle.
- Check out the humour section in your local bookstore. You’re bound to find a book or two to make you snigger.
- Read all the funny birthday cards in the card shop.
· Do something silly/fun – have a go at twerking with your entire family and upload the video to YouTube/Instagram.
- Even if you don’t feel like laughing the body can be fooled by even a fake laugh so practice giggling at yourself in the bathroom mirror.
- Go on a laughter course – yes, they exist!
- When you go shopping, sing, whistle or hum a cheery song such as ‘Always Look on the Bright Side of Life’ and then wait to hear how many others are humming it by the time you reach the checkout.
· Smile at a stranger – be careful though – don’t want to be too weird!
Everyone has a different sense of humour but once you start looking for amusing headlines or online videos, memes or cartoons that make you smile, you’ll soon find yourself chortling merrily and feeling a whole lot better.
Ok I got totally distracted on YouTube with this post!!! LOL
Thank you Carol, you have put a smile on my face!
Until next time xxx