#BookReview of The Affair by Sheryl Browne @sherylbrowne @KimTheBookworm @bookouture #TheAffair #NetGalley

Posted August 12, 2018 by Zoé in Book Reviews, Reviews and Stuff / 0 Comments

#BookReview of The Affair by Sheryl Browne @sherylbrowne @KimTheBookworm @bookouture #TheAffair #NetGalley

#BookReview of The Affair by Sheryl Browne @sherylbrowne @KimTheBookworm @bookouture #TheAffair #NetGalleyThe Affair by Sheryl Browne
Published by Bookouture on August 10 2018
Pages: 351
AmazonGoogle PlayiBooksKobo

You trusted her. You shouldn’t have.

Alicia’s been telling lies. And now they’ve come back to haunt her.

When an old colleague turns up at a party, Alicia comes face to face with the man who has the potential to ruin her perfect family life. He wouldn’t, would he?

In order to keep her secrets, Alicia has to tell yet more lies and when a devastating car accident makes the situation even more dangerous, it’s only a matter of time before everything falls apart. Can secrets really stay hidden forever?

I spent about 40% of this crying, and the other 60% I sat with my mouth open catching flies! The Bookouture girls have done it again! I have to say it one (or more) OMG!!! Or OH MY GOD! I am still reeling from this book!

Wow, this book! It was intense on so many levels and it made me want to hold my little girl, who happens to be called Alicia(!), just that little bit tighter. This had me so tied up in knots! I really didn’t know where this was going!

Alicia made a mistake, a huge mistake, but she wasn’t completely faultless. Her decision to keep secrets really didn’t help her, trusting the wrong people and this all led to the most devastating event in her life, left me sobbing. It is amazing how one decision can have such a catastrophic outcome to your life and it makes you wonder who you can and can’t trust.

One person I thought was so poisonous was Jess, the sister. I won’t ruin it all I will say is she vile person.

The story is told from different points of view, Justin, Alicia and later Sophie. Justin and Alicia are married, but we come to a time in their life where Justin has had a spot of the green eye monster. Alicia is holding on to a secret, the cause of Justin’s jealousy. Justin has not had it easy, with his past being revealed, seriously give the guy a break! However, I thought his past would play a larger part in the story and link into the story more, but I think it was to show more support for Justin and seriously give him a break! 

Even though Justin is now questioning everything in his life, he is the biggest driving force in this book. Pushing on, and I would have been happy for this book just to be all him. Alicia as much as I did really feel for her, she just seems to lose her way a bit, there was no oomph until the final chapter and I must admit I loved the final page of the book. It is really hard to go into a lot of detail as I do not want to ruin any part of the book, hence being very vague. But I have had a few OMG moments in the book, and I was really tense throughout the book, racing through the story to get to a resolution, and a satisfactory one it was! 

Since I have started blogging I have discovered so many amazing authors and I am adding Sheryl to this list! I am definitely keeping an eye out in the future for her books, and will go and catch up with her previous book the Babysitter!

Follow the rest of the tour
*Thank you so much to Kim at Bookouture and the author Sheryl Browne for a copy of this book in return for my honest and unbiased review*

If you enjoyed my review or any of my other reviews, please share it on Twitter, Facebook,  anywhere for other people to enjoy or if you fancy a chat stick a comment below. Thanks for stopping by! ♥

About Sheryl Browne

Sheryl Browne brings you powerful psychological thriller and contemporary fiction. Sheryl’s latest psychological thriller THE AFFAIR – the second of a three-book deal – comes to you from fabulous BOOKOUTURE. A member of the Crime Writers’ Association and the Romantic Novelists’ Association, and previously writing for award winning Choc Lit, Sheryl has several books published and two short stories in Birmingham City University anthologies, where she completed her MA in Creative Writing.So why does Sheryl write in two genres? Quoting E. L. Doctorow, Sheryl says: “Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as your headlights…” This she thinks sums up a writer’s journey, you never quite know where you are going until you get there. You might start with an outline, but a strong character will always divert from the plot. If Sheryl’s not sure where a character is going, she simply has to trust him to show her the way. Plus, according to one reviewer, she also has a scary insight into the mind of a psychopath.

Reading this book contributed to these challenges:



Stay and have a chat :)